Windows XP compatibility?

ordinaryotaku

Confederatecel
-
I can't seem to access the site at all using Chrome for Windows XP SP3. I have to use my phone.

Is there a way I could access it using XP?

ordinaryotaku

Confederatecel
-
JovanD said:
Are u sure os is problem?
I can use my parents' Win7 computer to access the site. I was able to go on incels.org (but the webpage was extremely broken) with my computer but incels.me won't work.

JovanD

Captain
-
ordinaryotaku said:
I can use my parents' Win7 computer to access the site. I was able to go on incels.org (but the webpage was extremely broken) with my computer but incels.me won't work.
Why not just get win 10?

JovanD

Captain
-
ordinaryotaku said:
My computer at the moment is 16 years old and can't support it, I'm not getting a new one until Christmas due to lack of funds.
Try to boot ubuntu or lubuntu form usb or maybe puppy linux, that should work on old pcs

ordinaryotaku

Confederatecel
-
JovanD said:
Try to boot ubuntu or lubuntu form usb or maybe puppy linux, that should work on old pcs
I actually just downloaded Firefox and got access to the stie, however I may dual boot Linux just in case it stops being compatible.

Yeah. Respect for still rocking XP like a beast. Sadly i think its time to shoot the horse and become Linuxcel or 7cel. We had an old shitbox at work to run some of our shitty old diagnostics software and programming stuff that wouldn't cooperate with Windows 7. Amazingly we had some other versions on disk which ran much better on my Ubuntu dual boot.

Weed

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
-
ordinaryotaku said:
I can't seem to access the site at all using Chrome for Windows XP SP3. I have to use my phone.

What the fuck lmao ::D Still using windows XP? What are your PC specs? I remember my very first PC had 512 MB RAM

ordinaryotaku

Confederatecel
-
Weed said:
What the fuck lmao ::D Still using windows XP? What are your PC specs? I remember my very first PC had 512 MB RAM
1GB RAM
AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
nVidia nForce4 mobo
nVidia GeForce 400MX GPU
160GB HDD

Good thing is I'm getting a new computer for Christmas, most likely.

ordinaryotaku said:

The problem is that Chrome stopped pushing updates to Win XP a long time ago, which means major functionalities and compatibility patches are missing from your Chrome.

Weed said:
You kids today. First computer i had was 8MB of RAM. 500MB Hard drive. Windows 95 OS. 133MHz processor which was a Cyrix unit if i remember right. I remember upgrading that fucker to 16MB and then 32MB of RAM. I also remember upgrading to an AMD processor that was 166MHz. Then i remember soldering the pins onto the motherboard so we could plug in a modem my dad got from a guy at work.

Do you kids even remember dial up internet? https://youtu.be/gsNaR6FRuO0

I remember salvaging thrown out computers and hustling to buy RAM to get my Pentium 3 upgrade in 2000. I built that machine myself. I also had a pirate version of windows 98. That was 64MB of RAM.

I remember the first computer we had with XP. I think it was 2003. 256MB of RAM. 40GB HD. PENTIUM 4. Only a few months later we got 256Kbit/s broadband internet. 

I remember the first flat screen monitor i had. I got it out the skip of an office round the corner from my house. The security guard used to chase me off. He caught me and hit me in the stomach once. This monitor had a bad power supply. I rigged up my home made adjustable power supply in the DC jack and it worked fine. So i built a new one for it.
[hr]
ordinaryotaku said:
1GB RAM
AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
nVidia nForce4 mobo
nVidia GeForce 400MX GPU
160GB HDD

Good thing is I'm getting a new computer for Christmas, most likely.
Oh my. That takes me back so far and makes me so nostalgic it almost gives me an erection.

If memory serves that's a 2004 era processor. I remember building a system with one of those the summer i finished high school. It was a pretty good system but it blew up in 2010. I got 5 years out of it though.

ProtoForte said:
XP was the last good Windows. I'm running gnu/linux ever since.
Windows 7 is ok. Its a little slow and inefficient but I've found it slightly more stable than my XP systems.

I've tried OS X but wasn't very impressed. Will become a full Linuxcel when Windows 7 support ends in 2023.

Tuttle

Officer
-
I was gonna say Firefox but it looks like you figured it out.

For the linux route I use Mint. One of the more desktop-oriented ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)